8.02.2010

The Meetup: August Begins

August came sort of suddenly for me, although I knew it was coming and had plenty of notice. Let's look back on July before I get into the Madness of August

JULY:

1. Liquid Lunch - I need to confirm my hanging date, send out invitations, print photos, frame photos and do a lot of other stuff. Deadline : July 13 if everything goes as planned. -This is becoming a very difficult thing to plan, I'm removing it from my to do list until I get contact from the person at Liquid Lunch.
2. Craft Fairs - must make new and more products for the Oyster Festival in August - continuing thing
3. Etsy - want to make and list a lot of new things, including art from Matt and graphic design services. - continuing thing
4. get organized again. I need to start getting back into using my engagement book, making lists and basically being in work mode instead of road trip mode.
5. I want to go through old photos that I haven't edited yet and find new products in them. I also have the new slew of photos to go through. I'd like to get a good way through all of this in July.
6. The book project. I'd like to write a book about my road trip. Goal for July is to start thinking about angles and basic outline.


I edited a lot of photos in July. I am actually almost done editing photos for the grand Road Trip, which impresses me since it took me a year to go through the last trip's photos. I also have been listing a new magnet every day starting last week, I just haven't gotten Matt's art printed and photographed yet. So number 3 has kind of been done too. As far as the book, I'm still trying to figure it out but I've thought about it a lot this month so I'd say I did 6 even if I'm not quite done.


August will be a time of more travel and craft fair preparation. We have a wedding next week and then we will be selling at the Milford Oyster Festival on August 21st. This will be the biggest fair we've done yet, so I am a little nervous.


1. Choose images and send out for new greeting cards.


2. Figure out how to hang frames and art inside tent, buy supplies necessary.


3. Print, cut and generally make the 30 new bookmarks I designed.


4. Continue work on Halloween Products, begin listing in Mid-August.


5. Decide on images to make as new prints, mat them and get them ready.


6. Continue listing new magnets, bookmarks when ready.


7. Prices are ready, so get going and list graphic design in Etsy store.


8.  Continue job searching

9. Oh and maybe work out packaging for individual magnets!


And that's my August. I'm excited and really think I can get it all done, I just hope that I can get it all done ON TIME.


If you would like to join in the Meetup, visit Athena Dreams Design and find out more!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate when you need someone ELSE to do something so you can cross it off the list? Sigh...

Hanging frames at art/craft shows = not easy. Usually the solution is either heavy and bulky or expensive! I love those mesh walls...but the cost! Good luck with figuring that out, I wish you were closer I'd give you my gridwall...it's heavy and my hubby hates dealing with it, so we're hanging things from string instead!

Lindsey said...

oo a grid wall, yeah I wish so too! Someday I'll buy something professional, right now we're thinking about maybe fence pieces? the kind that criss cross.. saw them at a craft fair booth earlier in the Summer. Will let you know how they work out!

Pippin said...

That is quite a long list you have for goals. I am doing my first show next month,so if there are any helpful hints you can share please do. I look forward to seeing you Halloween card.

carolyn said...

Ambitious goals! Good for you, and good luck!

Anonymous said...

A grid wall seems like the perfect thing to borrow-- or perhaps co-own with someone? could you ask on Craigslist or that site neighborgoods? Anyways, good job on July! You've got a ton of fun projects going. See you on twitter:)
--Gaia

Unknown said...

Looks like a good month of getting stuff done. So many things...good thinking getting ready for the Halloween thing already. Good luck to a productive August!

Cyn at RiverDog Prints said...

Good luck with the Oyster Festival! Maybe I can convince my family to take a road trip? Crafts are a hard sell to three males :) In any case, hope it goes very well for you, Lindsey. And good luck with the rest of your goals!

Liz said...

WOW, you have a big August! Hope your show is totally and wonderfully successful, and that ALL your August to-do's get done in jut exactly the way you want them to. Happy August Lindsey!

Lindsey said...

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

Wow you got a lot done last month.. congrats! I'm actually nervous in getting my photos & even emails organized & looked at. I feel like it will take me weeks but I guess its better to start somewhere than never at all. You are definitely motivated for August so I know you'll do great & accomplish everything off your list. Good luck & take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails