8.28.2009

OOW: Away We Go




Though it's been out awhile now, the movie Away We Go has been on my mind a lot this week. Possibly because I can not stop listening to the soundtrack.

A story tailor made for my generation, Away We Go follows Burt (John Krasinski) and Verona (Maya Rudolph) as they search across the United States for a place to call home and to raise their coming child. The film perfectly captures the feeling of being lost that I and many of my friends know so well. The feeling that anything is possible, and yet the fear to jump and take risks.

Filled to the brim with quirky characters and wonderfully mellow music from Alexi Murdoch, this film is for fans of off-beat films like Juno and for those who can relate to wanting to find a place to call home. Written by Dave Eggers and Vendela Vida, Directed by Sam Mendes.

Away We Go comes out on DVD September 29, 2009. The soundtrack is available now and I highly recommend both!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails