10.08.2009

Reading Thursday: Sam the Cat Detective by Linda Stewart


Hi and Welcome to Reading Thursday :)

Last week I was trying to read Saving Fish from Drowning, but since then I've put it aside. I just can't get through it right now. Life has been busy and I haven't had much free reading time, so I picked a childhood favorite to read before bed this past week.

Sam the Cat Detective is a wonderful children's book which neatly blends Bogart style mystery and characters with cats and their world. There are a few in the series but the first is my favorite. I love the snappy film noir dialogue and the wonderful descriptions. The characters are unique and funny and yet seem familiar at the same time.

Description from BN.COM: "Meet Sam The Cat: His fee is a half a pound of lox, plus expenses. His clients are other felines but he catches human crooks. In this opening adventure of an ongoing series (nominated for the Mystery Writers' Edgar Award) a sweet-talking, angel-eyed penthouse kitten coaxes Sam into tracking down a sneaky Manhattan burglar."

What are you reading this week? Has anyone else read this book?

4 comments:

erin said...

This was one of my favorite books when I was a kid! I think many male characters I have tried to write since are in some way influenced by Sam the Cat.

Lindsey said...

It's such a great book :)

erin said...

This was one of my favorite books when I was a kid! I must have read it a zillion times.

erin said...

And google made me think I had to type my comment again, but no, now I've said the same thing twice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails