1.14.2010

Reading Thursday: From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konisburg


This week I read a kids book, on recommendation from my boyfriend, which I had somehow managed to miss as a child. I'm not really sure how, as The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg is a really wonderful book.

The Mixed Up Files.. tells the story of Claudia and her decision to run away from home and live at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She invites her brother Jamie on this journey with her and off they go. Claudia does this because she wants to feel "different", but that doesn't exactly happen - until they discover a new statue at the museum with a mystery that they have to solve.

A quick read, I really enjoyed this book. So much fun and a great spark for the imagination. Where would you live if you lived in the MET? How would you spend your days?

-----------------------

A QUICK NOTE: I'm about to do some fidgiting with my Etsy Store. In order to have shipping costs be correct I have to switch my shipping figures from Paypal to Etsy. I'm hoping it all goes over smoothly, but just a heads up that for the next couple hours things may not be perfect. But then I can start listing my greeting cards :) Still no international, but that's the next step - promise! One thing at a time right now...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails