8.21.2009

OOW: Ponyo





This week's obsession has really been a collection of independent and independent-like films, but I'll just focus on the most recent for now and hold the others for perhaps next week.

The other day I went to see Ponyo, the new animated movie by the man behind Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Ponyo is basically the story of the little mermaid, but the main characters are about 5 years old and super super cute. A movie for any age, and I mean any age, I truly believe that young children will love this just as much as adults and fans of Miyazaki's other work.

Along with truly beautiful animation and wonderful dialogue, Ponyo also has a varied voice cast from Noah Cyrus to Betty White and Liam Neeson. My one negative for the movie is the song over the closing credits, it made me cringe. But other than that, Ponyo is a cute, simple story fun for all ages.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails