10.15.2009

Halloween Talk Instead, No Reading Thursday

I've been going to bed early to get over this sickness, so I haven't really been reading much. I've decided to make Reading Thursday a bi-weekly feature, or once a month feature depending on my reading habits at the time.

My boyfriend is watching The Brother's Grimm as I type this and I spent half the morning searching for images of the Huntsman from the 10th Kingdom. We have pretty much decided to be Little Red Riding Hood and the Huntsman (or the Wolf but I'm voting for the Huntsman, it's a cooler concept). My biggest problem will be creating a costume from scratch, particularly with all the (pardon my language) skanky costumes that are available in stores. I do not want my Riding Hood to be in a short skirt with crinolines, knee socks and pigtails, thank you very much. Ugh. The prevalance of "sexy" before every female costume really makes me nauseous.

I've been scouring the internet for ideas and I think I kind of have an image in my head of how I'd like to pull off this costume. But I need to head to Goodwill and the Mall in search of costume pieces and then perhaps enlist my mom to make the famed red hood. It should be an interesting adventure to create this costume, and I don't have much time to do it in. Or much money.

What are you going to be for Halloween?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails