10.26.2009

Monday updates - New Adventures and Halloween Sneak Peeks

This morning I posted about the RI Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular that I attended, so here is my more normal Monday Updates post.

I found out via the CT Etsy blog that there is a craft fair looking for vendors and over the weekend I contacted someone at the venue for information. I'm pretty sure I've decided to do this fair. It will be my first and I have a lot to do in a very short amount of time in order for it to be worth it, but I think that I need to do this. To push myself a little farther and see what happens. Even if I don't make a profit, it will be an experience and get my name and work out there.

I have to send in the form this week to be accepted, so the next couple days will be filled with preparations to make sure that it's possible for me to have enough product for the fair. I want to see about getting greeting cards printed and setting up matted prints and things so that it isn't just bookmarks. It's going to take a lot of work and a bit of cash, and a lot of list making.

Done a craft fair? Have any advice? Leave them in the comments! :)

Also, I've been talking about my Halloween costume a lot and I did more work on it this weekend. I'm loving how it's turning out. Because I'm Red Riding Hood after she's come out of the Wolf's stomach, I'm incorporating "wolf fur" into my costume like this:



The fake fur comes from a kids hooded sweatshirt that was lined with it. We cut apart two of them, one for my costume and one for my bf's. I'm thinking about using the inside of the hood inside the hood of my red cloak as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails