10.26.2009

Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular Photos!

This past Friday my bf and I went up to Rhode Island to visit a friend and while we were there we visited the Roger Williams' Park and Zoo Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular, which was indeed Spectacular. It's a walk through the zoo along a path lined with hundreds of carved pumpkins and most of them are pretty detailed and incredible. I took a lot of photos, but here are some of my favorites. I highly recommend checking this out if you are in the area (through Nov. 1st) or checking it out next year. It's a little pricey to get in, but so much fun. Plus tons of good music guides you through the themed areas.




This was by far the largest display of pumpkins I've ever seen. They were strung up in the trees and lined the ground in layers. The section was actually double the size seen above.



Red Riding Hood is popping up everywhere now that I'm making my costume for Halloween. Or maybe I'm just noticing it more, but either way I loved how this pumpkin was done. So cool :)



Giant googly eyed pumpkin was eating lots of littler pumpkins as they tried to escape! ..



There was a whole section of Homer based pumpkins, and the Cyclops was my favorite. Great detail.



I know I've seen these art pieces before, but I can't remember the artists name. There were a lot of them done in pumpkin form - animals playing various instruments. The camel was just the most awesome.



There was also a full Alice in Wonderland display with a pumpkin for almost every major character. I was so so excited about these ones.

My weekend was also full of costume preparation, which I'll talk about more in another post a little later today. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails