2.11.2010

Reading Thursday: Thoughts on Hobbits


Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that I started reading The Hobbit months ago. I've since finished several other books, but can not for the life of me get to that point of zooming through The Hobbit.

Last night I read another chapter or so. I find it easy to put the book down before finishing a chapter, which is hardly ever a good sign. But I still can't pinpoint my exact problem with Tolkien. By all accounts, he should be someone I adore reading. He fits perfectly into my bookshelf and my personality. But it truly is slow going for me. And my last attempt at the first in the LOTR trilogy was a disaster. I thought maybe the Hobbit would get me into it enough to be able to finish the trilogy.

I must say, I love the movies. I mean I don't love them like some people do, but I enjoyed them a lot and think that the whole thing is great fantasy. But Tolkien's writing... it just comes so close to stopping me short.

Anyone else have this problem with something that they truly want to finish reading?

ps. the newest in my store is all about wishing for spring, have you seen it yet?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails