11.23.2009

Monday Updates: The Craft Fair Post!

Happy Monday Everyone! I'm finally back from craft fair insanity (though I'm looking into two more fairs for this month, I won't have to do crazy prep for them really).

The fair was at the Housatonic Valley Waldorf School in Newtown, CT. It's a private school that teaches kindergarten through 12th, I believe, and the fair was set up in various classrooms and the hallway of one of their buildings. The fair itself was not exactly perfect for me and my work, but it was a great experience and I'm really glad I went.

I had a great time talking with Adrianne and Morgan over at the Fragrant Offering across the way and really had fun talking with customers about my work.

Here's what my table looked like:



As you can see, I had bookmarks, greeting cards and prints (and I promise to start selling greeting cards and prints at my store soon, I just need to make sure I have enough if I do another fair first) as well as the fabulous banner that my boyfriend painted for me.



Here's a sneak peek at some of my greeting cards on display in dish racks from Walmart. And a really bad shot of my new business cards (better one coming soon) which were a big hit. Moo mini cards are so amazing and I'm really proud of the design.



And another long shot of the table.



Above is the pocket gnome that I bought at the fair hiding out in my apron (made by my mom). I picked up a business card at the table, but the website shows only beads not gnomes so I think I might have grabbed the wrong card. I'm sorry I don't have a link to the wonderful creatives behind this awesome gnomes. I'll do some reasearch and see if I can find them later this week.



And finally, here's a photo of me in my bowler hat (you can't see my mad hatter type name tag sticking out on the other side) in front of my banner. :)

All in all, I had enough sales to make the fair worth it, but it wasn't the perfect venue. I'm looking into a couple more for this month which I think might be more up my alley. A lot of the parents and teachers at this fair were looking for kid oriented things, not really prints. The greeting cards sold really well, though, and so did a few of my bookmarks.

What did you do this past weekend?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails