12.06.2010

Weekenders: Portsmouth, NH


Matt and I needed a breather. So we took a drive up to Portsmouth, New Hampshire for a short weekend getaway.  We both love the port town with its cute shops and streets and cheerful atmosphere. We happened to arrive just in time for the Holiday festivities as well, and so we stood in the cold to watch the tree lighting and full on Christmas Parade (Nautical themed, of course) which was a lot of fun. Matt wanted to tour the Red Hook Brewery, so we stopped by there too.

We also had some seriously good meals while we were in town. First at a 50's diner called Roundabout, then at my personal favorite the Portsmouth Gaslight Co. and finally at a fun breakfast joint called Friendly Toast.


Overall it was a really fun weekend away and I'm happy to say that I feel refreshed and ready to get back to work! Today is a day for catching up and making lists, tomorrow I go back to the retail grind and start focusing on my to do list for the week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails